Thursday, January 11, 2007

This Is The Article

Earlier this evening I said to a fellow political compatriot that the thing that was going to propel the Democrats into office in 08 wasn't any cohesive effort in unified strategy, but sheer confusing, unorganized policy making attempts (just what the Democrats have proven best at).

I have said since November that all the Democrats have to do is try and force bill after bill through congress. They will likely fail in most of their attempts, but that is not the point. The point is that if they try and make changes, whatever those changes may be, and the Republican party, led by George Bush continually shuts them down, they will symbolically convince the American people that they are the party of change and that the red are simply trying to hold them back for spite. If the people are convinced of that, then the Democrats will skip into victory in the next presidential election.

Rahm Immanuel knows this. This is the guy to watch. I am not saying here that I think he is more talented than Karl Rove, because if fact, I think the opposite; though I do think he is talented enough. And with his party on the verge of controlling the escalating mutiny that is Washington, he may be able to lead the blue into greener pastures for some time to come.

After watching a few these events unfold over the last couple of days like Bush announcing his 21,000 troop increase and top Democrats trying to decide whether to take an immediate symbolic moral victory or listen to John Murtha and have a longer lasting but harder to come by victory, I must say that I have felt something that I haven't felt in a very long time.

I feel as though power may be shifting. I mean power may be shifting in a very powerful way. If Immanuel can play his cards right and the Democrats, at least for the next couple of years can keep their malcontent, then the Democrats may hold power for many years to come. I really feel this.

Now the disclaimer is that this may be to the chagrin of the American people. Because while this "no strategy is our strategy" may be working wonders for them at the moment, what happens when this country truly needs them to unite. When they can't, what do we do then?

I fear all the Bush's may be gone.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?