Saturday, September 30, 2006

Someone To Fall Back On

Most of the time I don't have any real problem finding cultural paraphernalia for myself: things to watch, things to listen to and things to read.

There are times however, maybe after a long week of studying or a long week of work, where I simply haven't found any opportunity to scout things on the lighter side of life.

Recently I have been relying on a wonderful website to make up for my misgivings called Head Butler. Head Butler is run by Jesse Kornbluth and provides a simple, but indispensable service; namely to provide you with interesting things to occupy your off time.

Jesse has a real knack for being an interesting and comprehensive critic without the pomp. You have a couple of options when you visit Head Butler. You can either subscribe to Jesse's daily email suggestions, as I do, or you can just browse around and find things that may fit your fancy.

As one who has not only a somewhat impressive knowledge of cultural things like movies and books, but also an insatiable taste for decent art, I will tell you that Head Butler has yet to let me down. Whenever I am at a loss for what to watch or read or listen to, I know I have a friend in Head Butler.

Give it a gander, you will not be disappointed.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?