Monday, July 17, 2006

When Your Second Home Is Being Destroyed

Michael Totten is unhappy:
Insulting my personal friends while they are driven out of their homes as war refugees is not acceptable. My old neighborhood is under attack. My friends are terrified and in danger. How on earth do you expect me to feel about this right now? If you can't factor these things into account before bloviating in the comments, then you do not get to comment. Comments are closed until further notice.

In the meantime, allow me to clarify a few things so (some of you) can stop thinking I've decided Israel is the enemy or that Hassan Nasrallah deserves anything but a headstone or a war crimes tribunal.

Obviously Hezbollah started this and Hezbollah is the main problem. Not only did they drag my second home into a war, the bastards also threatened me personally. So I hardly see the point in telling you what I think about them right about now. I'll get to them later.
I can't begin to understand his frustration, as I am in no position to even really know exactly where Lebanon is located on a map, let alone call it my second home.

Still, I have a slight tendency to disagree that the only two countries benefiting from the Israeli outbreak are Syria and Iran. I acquiesce, they may in fact be benefiting, but I think this is a positive position for Israel to take as well.

The current Israeli leadership brings virtually no military experience to the table, and I am sorry but the world is not built on diplomacy. Diplomacy is just an afterthought; perpetual 20/20 hinesight. The fact of the matter is that the world is built on war, whether we all like it or not. So if Israel, under this new and fragile leadership is to prove any military strength and fortitude at all, now is the time.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?