Saturday, June 17, 2006

An Unlikely Turn Of Events

Time reports.

Apparently the United States came uncomfortably close to a New York City terrorist attack that would have involved a poison gas reminiscent of a WWII style mass execution.

Evidently, we had little to do with the termination of this mission.
It was no intelligence breakthrough or clever military detective work. On the contrary, it was Ayman Zawahiri, Bin-Laden's right hand man himself that called off the operation 45 days before impact.

What is unclear is why.
I must be the skeptic here and say that it was no good will or new found humaneness that led to this decision. I am inclined to believe that there were some tactical setbacks and given the intelligence he had, the decision was made to postpone for optimum efficiency.

I hope I am wrong. I hope that all if a sudden Zawahiri decided that cold blooded murder might no longer be his preferred ball of wax. But let's be realistic here, there had to be a solid terrorist type reason for the decision. Otherwise he would just be a sub-par terrorist. And I don't know about you but I have come to expect more from my terrorists. I want the best damnit, not these lolly-gaggers who might get all human on me.

(Pulled from Instapundit)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?