Monday, June 26, 2006

The Perfect Take

Ann Althouse on Astrology:
While I think it's perfectly idiotic to actually believe in astrology, I think many people are either playing with it -- using it to stimulate thinking about themselves and their relationships -- or trying to make money off of the people who enjoy fooling around with it.
In my opinion she is right on.

Perfect poppycock in every way, if taken seriously. If used as an economic beneficiary however, I find it quite amusing and am generally fine with it.

I feel the same way about Nicolas Sparks novels or Thomas Kinkade paintings. If these romantic storytellers or painters of light actually believe in, and can honestly promote their work as serious pieces of legitimate art, then they are quite full of crap. However, if these gentlemen know exactly what they're doing, namely generating rehashed and not so original faux-art, simply to make a penny off of the sheep who would be duped by a phenomenal marketing team; then kudos, I tip my hat.

It's the people who actually believe some of this stuff that scare me.

(Pulled from Instapundit.)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?