Sunday, June 11, 2006

On Ann Coulter

Andrew Sullivan shares a few words on the comedic talent of Ann Coulter:
She is a comedian, nothing more, nothing less. I find her infinitely amusing, and most of what she says I agree with. However, the media (and Coulter herself) like to portray her as some leader of conservative thought. She's not.
Yes she does play herself up as the quintessential Achilles heel.
Yes she does find the hot button issues and takes the most radical view possible on them just to ruffle some feathers. There is still one big misfortune however, she takes herself seriously.
That is what sets a comedian apart from the rest of humanity, they are joking.

I'm not saying she has ever said or done anything that has offended me, she hasn't. One because I am not a liberal, and two because I don't have the time to waste on someone of her stature.
And even though I usually respect people who go out of there way to be over the top ridiculous to get a laugh (ie Stephen Colbert), Ann Coulter is simply not funny.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?