Sunday, April 09, 2006

Is The Grand Old Party Groping It's Way Into Majority Loss

The Boston Globe has this to say on the issue.
There seems to be a lot of debate as to whether things really are that bad.

The war is ruining our country/everything is fine and we'll be out soon.

We will choke and die without the oil we are alienating/there are plenty of alternatives being thought of each day, we'll only have to choose.

Terrorism is rampant and we have more to fear now than ever before/Terrorism comes closer to under control all of the time and soon it will be a murder free world.

These just to name a few of the major ones.
But I think that a change of tide may be coming in November.
That is not an official prediction and it isn't a preferential statement either. I have simply heard the words of the people that I have talked to.
I realized that there may be a change when I realized that at least half of the people that I talk to on a daily basis about the administration express enough discontent and unhappiness that they would be willing to vote the other way. No matter which way that was. (emphasis added)

November will be an interesting month, but despite the great minds of this country trying to sway opinion polls in their direction, I thing the major issue will be missed.

We simply need to sway people to vote. To be active in their local politics.
I don't even care how people vote, I just want to see them get involved.
That is my goal these elections and I will fight that good fight while I watch my comrades fight the partisan fight. They are better at it anyway.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?