Monday, March 20, 2006

I Feel All Too Human

I am becoming more and more, if not there already, a transhumanist.
And like Glenn Reynolds I hold a very optimistic point of view towards the human race.
We are transcending biology in an exponential way, and the technology of it all is phenomenal.

However, it is not all smooth sailing as I come across institutions like this, who use videos like this to propagate their values.

I have witnessed something tonight that I would like to never have witnessed. I would like to have remained among the millions to never have to realize life in such terms.
That was stripped from me tonight and now I have to deal with humanity.
As a reporter of the truth of the matter, obligated to show what I have seen, I strongly urge you to not watch the videos that I am sure by now you have already seen, and I am sorry.

I am sorry that as humans we are capable of such humanity.
I truly am sorry, in the dictionary sense of the word.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?