Thursday, March 23, 2006

A Great Post

I heartily agree with Atrios, who runs Eschaton where I pulled this post from, that Digby is quite the blogger.
As can be seen by reading this, a phenomenal post on the state of the mainstream media.

But what really caught me was about halfway through and it was a quote.
Something Rush Limbaugh said.
Oh alright, I'll paste it...

Limbaugh: "We just had Stephen Breyer saying, oh, yeah, totally appropriate, we must import what they're doing around the world in other democracies, it will help buttress their attempt to establish the rule of law, and we might learn something, too. Well, here's something I'd like to import. I'd like to import the ability that the Brits are doing to export and deport a bunch of hate-rhetoric filled mullahs and imams that are stoking anti-American sentiment. Wouldn't it be great if anyone who speaks out against this country, to kick them out of the country? Anybody that threatens this country, kick 'em out. We'd get rid of Michael Moore, we'd get rid of half the Democratic Party if we would just import that law. That would be fabulous. The Supreme Court ought to look into this. Absolutely brilliant idea out there."

Excuse me?
Is this not one of the major social figures representing the GOP?
Does he understand that we have a Constitution?
Has he ever heard of said Constitution, which protects HIM from all of the things that he just advocated for?
Seems like a 101 question but after hearing the voice of the Gop in all of its magnificent glory, I wonder.
Perhaps the Michael Moores and Harry Reids of the country are not the only ones who can be deemed anti-American.
After all Mr. Limbaugh, those others at least left me feeling like we had such a thing as fore-fathers and that they toiled and sweat and bled to write the Constitution for me.
You seem to be alright with spitting on that notion and throwing away all that makes us a Democracy.
Good Luck and Good Night.
I wish you a fond farewell.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?