Thursday, March 30, 2006

Dr. Helen... I agree

If you click on this you will be sent to Dr. Helen's blog.
Dr Helen is the wife of Glenn Reynolds and is no intellectual slouch herself.
In this post she links to a geekiness test that you all should take cause it's fun and atimeconsuming.
I like Dr. Helen, ranked "Heading Towards Geekdom," and I am proud of it. Damnit.

Anyway, she also talks about how she just bought a nano and how much she loves it.
While I don't have the nano, I do have the 30 gig, and I must say, I absolutely adore it. Seriously, one of the best purchases I have ever made. If you are in that weird limbo stage of do I want it, do I not want it... Just get it.
Trust me, you will thank me.

So far the greatest thing about itunes is their free podcasts. I subscribe to more than I can count and I feel like I am in touch with every genre of anything going right now. And it's free.

But that's just so far.
I mean I have the piddly thirty gig, I have 3196 songs and 19 videos on it and I am just over half the storage space available. When I got home with it, I was feeling a little uncomfortable with the fact that I had just spent $385 for everything (case and charger included).
Then my roomate and I figured out that with the amount of gigs on the ipod, it could hold roughly $28000 worth of songs (at an average price of $14 an album).
$28000. Holy Schnike, that's a lot of money.
So yeah, I felt better after that and my ipod and I have been smooth sailing since then and have never looked back.
Seriously, I wear it as though it were a piece of clothing at this point. I put it on before I leave the house and I don't take it off until I come home at night.
I am probably going deaf, but oh well. What?

Anyhow, get one and read Dr. Helen's post cause she is a smart woman and an enjoyable read.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?