Sunday, February 12, 2006

My Latest Endeavor

So I'm about a hundred pages into Daniel C. Dennett's new book, Breaking the Spell: Religion as a Natural Phenomenon, and I must say, for anyone who has ever asked themselves; wait a second, what if I'm wrong?
Then this book is a necessity.

Though I am only a hundred pages in and that could change faster than a 18 year old catholic school girl.

I grew up in, first a very catholic household (no I am not a catholic school girl, though I do like the feel of a good pair of plaid stockings), and then we switched to the "non-denominational" type.
Whatever the hell that means.
Were too good to name ourselves but we like to foam at the mouths like an epileptic and we pretend to know multiple different languages like a schizophrenic.

Anyway, the beautiful part of Dennett's book is it's pure, unadulterated, fifth grade logic. Here is all of my evidence, proving that you're religion can do no more than knock on the front door of science's house and run, and you have yet to show me any evidence that you're religion has produced any reputable scientists who are proponents of the Faith-Science coexistence.

In true agnostic form, we scream, show me the proof and we will not only join you're cause, but we will be the most intelligent warriors for it that you have ever seen.
No evidence=no cause=no soldiers.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?