Thursday, February 09, 2006

Just A Little Personal Note

I had the great fortune of running into a very old friend tonight.
I haven't seen this girl in a little less than four years.
And she is beautiful.
I don't know why it was necessary to add that just then, but it was.
Back in the day, which according to Dane Cook, was a Wednesday (I love that guy), I worked for Barnes and Noble, or "Barnes," as we affectionately called it.
It was at one time the greatest job I have ever had and at the same time the worst job I have ever had.
The worst was when I had to work in the cafe.
We were the most bitter, hateful, spiteful group of people anyone would never like to meet.
But then I moved out into the fiction section and I ran that for roughly a year, and that was awesome. I got to talk about books all day, and to people who actually wanted to know about books, a rare breed these days.
Anyway, the woman that I ran into tonight, used to work in the children's section of the store and I would flirt with her any chance I got because if you saw her, you would say that her nose really does glow.
So I was working tonight, as I always do on Thursdays. I don't really like Thursdays because I wake up at seven and get ready for class, then I go to class until 1:25, and then I drive straight to work for my 2:00-10:30 shift, getting me home around 11:15,11:30. That is a full day and I don't like it.
But that is the nature of the beast and I deal with it.
This Thursday was a little different however because I realized once again that this really is a small world we live in.
Not only did we run into each other, but she gave me her number and wanted to catch up sometime, good news for me.
So I will call her this week and keep everyone informed.
We all know that I need to get over the last one in a very bad way, perhaps the old friend is the new light at the end of the tunnel.
Have a great one.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?