Thursday, January 26, 2006

More Affirmations

This decision, much like the Oregon assisted suicide decision, which I have posted on recently, only reaffirms my faith in the current Supreme Court bench.

Also, I recently ran into a real life person who had moderately followed the Alito hearings, and being a male under 25 hanging with a semi-normal crowd, that alone was pretty impressive.
She moderately leans to the left, by self-proclamation, and according to her interpretation of the hearings, Alito is a radical right wing who will not tilt the court to the right, but flat out beat it into a right wing bloody pulp with his rightness.

I am a moderate leaning to the right. I watched every single hour of the hearings. I only recessed when Specter recessed. I Slept and ate and smoked and lived by his schedule for four days. Never did I once feel like the answers that Alito was giving in any way presented him as anything more than a Judge.

He answered his questions consistently, with sophistication and reserve as any good judge would, and never gave me, a moderate who is an advocate of O'Connor and Kennedy, any reason to believe that I had to fear his future decisions on any civil rights case.

The entire time he seemed to be a rational human being who would approach every decision with the utmost open-mindedness. And frankly I admire his patience and perseverance. I would have blown up in the faces of all of the idiot democrats asking all of their idiotic democratic four questions over and over again.

Kudos to the wise.
Reverence for the Scientific.
Let Freedom Govern.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?