Wednesday, December 21, 2005

A Little Dissidence for the HOLIDAYS

It's happened to me several times; I wish someone happy holidays, because it seems the polite and Christmasy thing to do, and they look at you and go "you mean merry Christmas?" with a look of disgust. I just reply, happy whatever makes you happy day, because this is my favorite time of the year. Not because I care about the Christianity of it, which is ridiculous to say because Christianity is so far removed from Christmas that you might call it Macy's day, but because it is the time of year when we are supposed to come together collectively and say alright, I am going to be nicer to everyone, no matter what. Yeah, we should act like that all year, but we don't and that is the truth of it. So this one season, this short amount of time that we have, I would like to see unity continue, not this rise of dissension over a radical semantic debate concerning two words. Screw "Christmas" and the "holidays," let's just be better to eachother.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?